Here’s a list of FireFox tools that can make your job easier… I’ve collected these over the past couple years…
Do you want to email a long link to a page? Use this to create (and copy to your clipboard) a shorter version of that link. I use this multiple times every day. When the link to a story page is really long (like those created by IPS), when you paste a link to it in an email, it will often break. When replying to customer emails this is unacceptable … so tinyURL it instead.
Good screen-capture program. This puts a button in your top button area that saves an image of the entire browser screen (even the stuff you have to scroll to see) in your My Documents folder. I use this regularly with IPS support, and it’s also useful for certain customer-service requests.
Extensions Definitely Worth Considering
- PDF Download “Allows to choose if you want to view a PDF file inside the browser (as PDF or HTML)”
- SiteDelta “Highlights changes made to a website since last visit.”
- Colorzilla “Advanced Eyedropper, ColorPicker, Page Zoomer and other colorful goodies.”
- MeasureIt “Draw out a ruler to get the pixel width and height of any elements on a webpage.”
- Advanced Dork “This small, yet powerful extension was designed to give quick access to many of Google’s Advanced Operators.”
- Text Complete “The text complete extension adds shortcuts and auto complete functionality to text fields within web forms, the thunderbird message composer, and various other fields within the firefox browser.”
Extensions Worth Considering
- Table2Clipboard “If you want to paste data in Microsoft Excel and make it work right use Table2Clipboard.”
- Dilbert “Adds little button to status bar and when you click it, it will show today’s official US Dilbert from
- Html Validator validates your HTML. Why do you want valid HTML? Because it’s one of the first steps to figuring out all the cool stuff you can do with the internet.
- Custom Buttons “Gives a possibility to create custom toolbar buttons.”
- Operator “Operator lets you combine pieces of information on Web sites with applications in ways that are useful.”
Popularity: 33% [?]